If you use call transcription, you will no longer have to write down critical information and spend time looking for it because you don't remember where you have it.
Nowadays, call transcription has become a vital resource for evaluating the quality of customer service, but that is only one of its many uses.
It is one of the most potential resources for your company.
That's why we invite you to read this post and learn what it is call transcription, its main uses, benefits, and call transcription service software options.
Call transcription service: What is it?
A call transcription service consists of converting conversations carried out with traditional telephone or voice over internet protocol (voice over IP or VoIP) into written words, also known as voice-to-text transcription.
With call transcription software, the process is automated and can be done live, in real-time, while the call is in progress or after the call has been recorded.
And conference call transcription?
A conference call transcription is a slightly more complicated type of call because it involves multiple parties.
With Zoom video meetings now replacing standard calls, in either scenario, an effective conference call transcription involves capturing the dialogue of the callers word for word.
More sophisticated transcription services can include markings identifying each speaker.
Why transcribing phone calls are essential for your business?
Because having the text available allows you to perform a series of more advanced analyses and searches.
The text of a conversation, or conversation history, is an excellent tool for audio, and you can use it for commercial, research, training or legal purposes.
Below, we identify some of the primary uses of call transcription:
- It allows you to have verbatim records of business meetings or any other important content. And it will be possible to share the link to the call transcript to inform absent persons or other interested parties without spending time counting the content.
- Gather important information about a customer. If a situation arises repeatedly, the call transcript can be searched, and content can be detected for analysis and decision-making. In addition, if a customer calls back, it allows different representatives to know what happened in previous calls. This avoids the need for repeat calls and makes the customer experience more satisfying.
- Evaluating employee competencies and performance. Listening to call transcripts is an excellent tool for detecting strengths and opportunities for improvement in teams. It is particularly useful for sales teams to discover strong arguments and improve their fighting spirit in the face of objections.
- Induction and training of collaborators and the transcription of telephone calls can be used in onboarding processes. They can provide a script of what is preferable to say or not to say to clients and customers.
- Conducting market research and customer service and satisfaction studies, among others.
As you can see, call transcription is a very useful tool for different purposes, but for this, it is essential to have a call transcription service that transcribes completely and accurately all the content.
Benefits of call transcription
Now that you know why it is so important to transcribe calls, here are the main benefits:
- Real-time speech-to-text transcription services, such as closed captioning, increase accessibility by improving content comprehension by people who are hard of hearing or for whom English is not their native language.
- It saves a lot of time taking notes, and people can give their full attention to the conversation.
- It avoids making mistakes by omitting or misinterpreting information because you have all the information accurately.
- Keeping this type of records is helpful for eventual legal or juridical processes that may arise.
- It increases the search capacity and the analysis of the content of the calls.
Leading softwares for transcribing calls
There are many transcription software available on the market; some are specific phone call transcription tools, and others have a more comprehensive integrated service offering.
Here are four of the best call transcription service options.
Gong is an Artificial Intelligence platform with recording, automatic call transcription and analysis of scheduled calls.
With its service, it will be very easy to search for transcripts of comments and highlight and mark the most important parts of the calls.
It has an optimal speech-to-text model that allows you to achieve an accuracy of 85% to 90%; standard models have less than 75%. Thanks to its technology, this will enable you to identify the topics discussed in the calls, regardless of the specific keywords.
Jiminny is another platform with Artificial Intelligence that automatically records, transcribes, and analyses customer interactions via video, voice, and email.
Once the call is over, the transcript and any audio and video is automatically uploaded to the cloud for easy access and analysis of the information.
It offers a selection of highly engaging tools for training designed to increase skills, self-confidence, and employee motivation.
Otter is a voice meeting notes software for all your meetings, conferences and interviews; this system allows you to transcribe any conversation, such as podcasts and videos.
It has a real-time transcription feature to include live subtitles when talking to a group of people at a conference.
Otter is very useful because it allows you to record and review the transcript in real-time, access the conversations from any device, search them very quickly, and you will have the possibility to share voice notes with others.
ScriptMe is a fast and accurate automatic transcription service; you only need to upload the audio or files of your calls, choose the language, and press transcribe.
With phone call transcription or teleconference transcription, you can quickly edit the content and make the changes you want.
It is then possible to export your file in various formats and save and share the information.
ScriptMe is a platform for processing large volumes of content, making it easy to transcribe webinar meetings or podcasts, analyze sales calls and subtitle video conferences.
Transcribing calls and conference calls has become valuable resource for adequately functioning and achieving objectives in the business world.
Just imagine the peace of mind of having important meetings perfectly documented, where there is no possibility of losing the smallest detail of a necessary negotiation.
And additionally, you can use the text of the calls for research purposes in marketing or any other area, to evaluate service quality and customer satisfaction, for training, employee training and much more.
At ScriptMe, we are at your disposal to provide you with the service; you can take the free trial to familiarize yourself with the platform and evaluate our call transcription system's quality, speed and accuracy.
And since we are an integrated service platform, you can transcribe in 30 languages, translate in more than 100 languages and generate subtitles.
Of course, before using our service or any other company, make sure that call recording is allowed and legal in your country or state.