Still don't know the best interview transcription software? They make it easy to record audio and video content quickly and accurately.
Regardless of your experience level and the volume of interviews to transcribe, you will find a solution tailored to your needs in our top 10.
Best interview transcription software for researchers and journalists
The best interview transcription software has been developed with artificial intelligence technology to convert speech to text automatically; they are pretty accurate, have powerful editing features and have data protection and security systems.
Additionally, they support multiple languages for transcribing, translating and generating subtitles, are compatible with different devices and operating systems, and offer service options and different payment plans.
Here are our top 10 of the best interview transcription software; most are automatic, but some also offer the possibility to choose transcriptions made by humans.
If you are looking for a powerful tool to transcribe and translate interviews automatically, we invite you to know ScriptMe; it is an excellent service for production and post-production work for media companies.
Likewise, it is a service that adapts to the needs and is equally widely used by students, freelancers in digital marketing, professionals of various kinds, doctors, scientists, researchers, etc.
- Transcribes, subtitles and translates your interviews, meetings or podcats in more than 30 languages.
- Powerful search and edit functions
- Supports multiple file formats
We offer 15 minutes of free interview transcription, Pay as you go plan for $29 per hour, ScriptMe Pro for $45 per month and Enterprise plan for businesses.
Airgram is one of the most accurate transcription tools, particularly useful for those using video calls to conduct interviews via Microsoft Teams, Google Meet and Zoom because it makes it easy for them to transcribe live content.
- Supports eight languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Chinese).
- Wide range of functions for arranging meetings and interviews
- Attractive editing package for adding text, bullets, images and more
This is an excellent choice if you need to manage interviews and meetings. It gives you the option of a Free plan and the Plus plan with a $18 monthly fee.
Suppose you require a lot of interview transcripts. In that case, a perfect option is TranscribeMe, and if you are not satisfied with an automated transcript, you can pay the difference and get a professional one made by humans.
Another great thing about this tool is how easy it is to transcribe your interview recording; it follows a sequence of a few quick steps.
- Transcription service specialized in medical, legal, media and academic industries.
- It also offers translations and data annotations
- Supports most digital audio formats
Transcription service pricing starts at 0.79 per minute.
Notta is another interview transcription software that stands out for its high accuracy; with its Notta Bot, it will be very fast and easy to transcribe live meetings and interviews in Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams and Webex.
- Supports 104 languages
- Excellent editing tools
- Generates a summary of the interview
- Allows synchronization of interview transcripts across multiple devices
- It has an efficient mobile application and Chrome extension.
With this tool, you can save time and be more productive; you can try it for free. It offers several plans: Free, Pro ($8.25 monthly), Business and Enterprise.
One of Trint's client companies is The Washington Post, and this platform is great for content creators and other professionals interested in creating based on their research and working collaboratively.
Its editing tools allow you to generate content quotes and an entire narrative to share with others.
- More than 30 languages
- Live interview recording application
- Integrated search functions
- ISO security certification
You can try the tool for free, and it offers the Starter ($48), Advanced ($60) and Enterprise plan.
GoTranscript is an audio and video content transcription service performed exclusively by humans.
It stands out for its quality and high accuracy; you can convert the audio or video of your interviews, meetings, seminars, conferences, podcasts, documentaries and phone calls at the most competitive price.
- It has a large team of highly professional specialist transcribers.
- Supports more than 40 languages
- It also offers translation, subtitling and closed captioning services.
- Very attractive and intuitive website
Transcription service for $0.84 per minute.
Another of the best interview transcription software is Rev, for its high accuracy and compatibility with most audio and video formats.
This is one of the most widely used tools for transcribing interviews, webinars and conference calls; with Rev, you can seamlessly generate an artificial intelligence transcript from the phone or a human transcript.
- Mobile app to create your stories faster.
- Can translate the video and generate subtitles in more than 15 languages
- High-quality guarantee and worldwide customer service and support
- Unlimited meeting and interview transcripts with Zoom
Automated transcription costs $0.25 per minute, with a 5-minute turnaround time; human transcription costs $1.50 per minute, with an average turnaround time of 24 hours.
Temi is a speech-to-text transcription service ideal for journalists, reporters, podcasters, bloggers and content creators. Its response time to provide you with the transcription of interviews is only 5 minutes, so it is an excellent option for researchers with tight deadlines.
You only need to upload the video or audio file of the interview. You will get the transcript with reasonable accuracy, and you can edit it with timestamps and speaker identification. You can then download, save and export it in your desired formats.
- It offers its users the Temi application, which is straightforward to use.
- Personalized timestamps
- Highly accurate interview transcripts
You can try Temi for free and pay $0.25 per minute of audio.
Large companies and many users around the world rely on Otter's services. It is a perfect option for those who need to keep accurate interview and meeting information records daily.
With its editing tools, it is possible to quickly take notes, edit and share with the work or study team.
- Functions that facilitate collaborative work.
- Multiple export file options
- Modern, easy-to-use applications
- Highly accurate speech recognition technology for different speakers
Otter offers a generous 300-minute Free Basic plan, plus Pro ($10/month), Business ($20/month) and Enterprise.
Happyscribe has a very good reputation in the market and offers automatic and human transcription; it is a service that creators and media producers can use, but it is also one of the best interview transcription software for research.
This tool allows you to share interview transcripts in viewing or editing mode and create spaces for file sharing and collaborative work.
- Supports 66 languages
- You can share information in multiple file formats
- Automatic translation service available
You can try their services for free, and they have Basic ($10), Pro ($17) and Business ($29) plans.
Now that you have looked at the top 10 best interview transcription software, you can enter the pages that have caught your attention the most.
Then, you can read their complete information, compare them and decide on the most suitable and convenient one for transcribing your interviews, using its attractive features and complementary services.
We humbly recommend you try ScriptMe and join thousands and thousands of users who use our tool to transcribe interviews of various kinds.